How to Become a Member
And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
If you are interested in becoming a member of Bethel church, please talk to Pastor Heuss. He'll schedule a time for you to meet with the elders (usually after morning worship on a Sunday). The elders will hear your testimony and ask you about your faith and life in Christ. The elders love to hear how God brought people to a saving knowledge of Himself!
We will then schedule a date for you to be officially welcomed during a church service. Those joining are asked five questions:
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope, save in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?